Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 6 August 2012

Infographic - Google Yourself

One of the most important pieces of managing your digital footprint is knowing what information about you can be found online. As I mentioned here, we need to teach our students to Google themselves. This is especially important for students that are applying to college this fall. Make Use Of recently shared an infographic that reminded me of this. The Google Yourself Challenge makes use of statistics to remind viewers why they need to Google themselves. I've embedded the graphic in Zoom.it below. You can also click here to view the infographic.
Applications for Education
In addition to Googling themselves, I recommend having high school students create Google Alerts for their names and other information that might be related to them. For example, I have a Google Alert set just for "Richard Byrne" and I have one set for "Richard Byrne Technology."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer