Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 22 August 2012

Understoodit Is Not Really Free

On Monday I published a list of twelve free services for gathering informal feedback from students. In that list I included Understoodit. When I originally learned about Understoodit it was free. This morning I received an email from one of Understoodit's employees "introducing me" to the service. In that introductory email it was revealed that Understoodit is only free for a limited time. Here is an excerpt from the email.

Our product is FREE for a limited time, but will be extended those who sign up now with an extended free-trial period.

I don't know how long the extended period will be as that information was not in the email I received and it's not stated on the website except for the "30 day free trial" notice. After the free trial it appears to cost $3/month. Although I don't know if that is a flat fee or a "per user/ per seat" fee.

$3/month isn't unreasonable, but I did want to make sure that I corrected my earlier post about Understoodit to reflect the new information that I received today. If you're looking for some free tools for gathering feedback from students, you may want to try some of the other tools on this list. Of the tools on that list, my favorite is Socrative.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer