Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 15 December 2012

Talking With Children

Like all of you I was floored by yesterday's tragedy in Connecticut. Newtown is a town that know fairly well because as I grew up in Connecticut I competed in some interscholastic events in Newtown and I still have family in the area. My heart goes out to all of the families and friends in Newtown.

Throughout the afternoon and evening yesterday people sent me links and comments about talking with children about tragedies. With the exception of this resource from PBS, Larry Ferlazzo has already listed everything that was shared with me. I encourage you to visit Larry's list and subscribe to it as I'm sure that he will continue to update it.

On a related note, Kristopher Still, husband of Beth Still and law enforcement expert on crisis response, has written a good piece of advice for schools on preparing for the worst case scenario.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer