Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 19 December 2012

Video Editing Service Pixorial Drastically Increases Free Storage

Pixorial is an online video editing service that I tried and liked this summer. The drawback was that the free plan only allowed you 1GB of storage. Today, Pixorial announced that the free plan now provides 7GB of storage. Additionally, Pixorial has brought back a free plan for educators that provides a free pro account for teachers in addition to the 7GB free accounts for students. You do have to fill out an application form to get the educator plan.

Here's what I had to say about Pixorial back in August:
The thing that I like the most about Pixorial is that the video creation and editing tools are laid out in an intuitive user interface. At no point was I wondering what any of the editing tools did or what I needed to click on next.

The only part of Pixorial that I found slightly confusing at the beginning was a prompt for installing the Pixorial desktop uploader. It appeared to me that I had to install that uploader, but it turns out that I didn't. The uploader just makes it quicker and easier to upload multiple files to your account at once.

To create a video in Pixorial you can upload pictures and raw video footage then organize that media into the sequence in which you want it to appear. You can insert transitions between elements by selecting them from the transitions gallery. If you would like to add a soundtrack to your production you can select one from the Pixorial gallery or upload your own audio files. Pixorial also makes it easy to add text to each picture or video that you upload. Just click on "overlay text" in the video editor when you're viewing the element that you want to add text to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer